Friday, October 5, 2012

Nadia-4 Cops-0

Presenting your Driver's License to a Police Officer is always such a treat. You just know they look at it and are forcing back a smile at the ridiculousness the DMV managed to capture.midblink. I mean License photos might as well be the criminal line up photos you know? They are just as bad and NO ONE wants theirs seen.

Unfortunately for me tonight I had to whip out my beautimous DL as well as my registration and proof of insurance. Want to hear the story as only I can tell it? Okay here it goes!!

So there I was driving home, tired and weary after putting in a full day on my feet. Babysitting in the morning and good ole McDonald's in the evening. Nothing unusual really until I see a truck flip a u behind me. As it was turning the light from a random lightpole flashed off the top of the car and I suddenly start to feel a panic.
It was a cop.
"Oh great." I kept thinking to myself "Prepare for the enventual blinding flashing lights." I kept thinking this to myself and I drove...and kept driving...and than a good mile and a half from the original stalking point the lights turn on in all of their red and blue glory...white is in their I am sure but my eyes didnt adjust very well to being blinded. The Officer apporached my vehicle where I was sitting, combing through all the possible reasons why I would be pulled over.
Headlights...the right side ones to be exact.
I knew they were out. I was fully prepared to be ticketed. My streak had to end at some point. But hark! What is this? The process will be quick you say? Just a safety issue for me you say? Why yes Officer you CAN have my license, registration, and proof of...oh gosh where is my proof of insurance?! I know it is in here!!!
Luckily the officer was kind enough to go to his squad car and start looking at my stuff so I can throw dignity out of the window and tear my car apart. Suddenly a familiar glimpse of yellow catches my eye and SHAZAM insurance proofage!! Now what? Do I sit and wait? Do I wave him over? Oh thank goodness he is coming to me!
I proudly handed the proof over and while casually inspecting it he asks me two of the oddest questions I have ever been asked.
1. Have you ever been arrested?
2.Do you have a work release in the state of Nevada?

O_o ...what the la hell?
My confused face must of clued him in to the big fat answer of a NO that would have been because he handed me my stuff and than let me go. I made it home a little more tired than usual and still in need of a killer foot and back rub, but ever so thankful that Officers always seem to be almost incapable of giving me a ticket. I have been pulled over four times now and not once have I gotten a ticket and each time I have been pulled over has been for a different reason.

Luck of the Irish I guess....well if I was Irish anyways. I am thankful though that he took the time to pull me over. I know people rag on Cops a lot, but I can understand that they have a job to do. Sure yeah it was a busted light, but hey he didn't ticket me and just wanted to inform me that it was out....aside from the weird above mentioned questions it was an overall pleasant exchange. Don't hate on cops people, they are doing the job you yourself aren't.


No comments:

Post a Comment