Monday, October 1, 2012

23 Years of Awesome

Yesterday (technically speaking) was my birthday. If you read the title you know how old I am. Congratulations!

I didn't do much, but the day was eventful. My family and I celebrated with cake (pictured) and they also gave me a star wars card with a $25 Starbucks gift card!! Woot woot!!! It was nice to be able to have time with them today. I slept most of it since unsurprisingly I am sick and feeling awful.

I met with President Dalley today and discussed somethings that needed to be discussed. Needless to say it was an enlightening meeting and I am on working on becoming a better person. He did tell me that if Abe and I aren't going to be serious while he is gone than I shouldn't hole myself up waiting on something that might not happen. :/ I get it, I do. I just don't want to think that I need to be out there dating. No one was really asking anyways...I'm not settling either. I guess I am just learning how to go with the flow and how to do my own thing. May have taken me awhile but I have finally managed to get to this point.

Today Barbara and I are getting her Bridal Shower decorations and than later some friends and I are going to Samurai 21 for Hibachi food to celebrate my birthday. I'm excited although I got more "maybe"s than actual "yes" so who knows who all is going?! I didn't have that many people congratulate me on fb which is totally cool in my book! People who wished me well today made me so happy for remembering. I even got serenaded at Branch Prayer and it almost made me cry. I didn't think that many people actually knew or even liked me enough to do that.

This past year has changed me a lot in ways I could never have imagined. I was so busy trying to figure out my life and where my relationship with robert was going and working for peanuts that I let myself slip away from me. I forgot what makes me happy. Even now I am trying to work on myself and do something for myself, but I have come so far from who I was that it is nothing short of miraculous.

The most important change has been in my life spiritually. Despite my human tendencies and failings, I have grown even stronger in my faith. I have learned to trust Heavenly Father and to lean on Him. Letting Him take the wheel and steer me down the road I am supposed to take. It has brought me to an understanding of myself and others that still may confuse me at times, but it is ever increasingly bringing me to that "AHA!" Moment of enlightenment.

Here's to this next year. May it be as ever progressing as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment