Friday, August 24, 2012

What happened Society?

I have started to realize (by talking with people from whole other countries) that America seems to have the market cornered of being douches. Not just to those who(seemingly) "rank lower" than oneself, but even to those who are "higher" on the food chain! Now I know it isn't just an American thing, but honestly one can not look around our country and think that all is well. We idolize reality tv stars of "Jersey Shore" and "16 & pregnant" fame. Honestly people?! When the amount of money in one's bank account is more important than the amount of integrity in one's character, society has truly collapsed.

Some say we are only beginning the downgrade, but if you look back far enough you can see we are at the climax of it. We became so concerned with trying to make everyone happy, to speak for the underdog, that we neglected to realize the very basic rights of everyone else. Children nowadays have no problem acting out, being disrespectfuk, stealing, doing things in general that would have gotten the crap beayen out of them 20 years ago. When did felony become acceptable? When did having children outside of marriage, cohabitation, and general immorality become the "cool" thing to do?

Yes, as I have expressed on here before, I have had sex. Do I regret it? Yes and no. I regret that it wasn't done after marriage. I regret that I settled for something out of hopes that it would eventually lead down that matrimonial path. I regret that I cause Heavenly Father and myself pain by ignoring His wishes for us to wait. I don't regret the lessons I learned though. I don't regret learning to trust and becoming closer to Heavenly Father.

In all my experience I have never thought that immoral actions and behaviors were the "cool" way to make and keep friends. I've never been inclined to act like these half retarded people running around, I have always known that I would have to work for what I want out of life, that I would have to work to achieve happiness. I have never expected people to hand everything over to me simply because I felt entitled to it. Sure I have thought "Why can't I have that?" But right after I try to plan out how to earn it, rather than bullying them into giving me what they have rightfully earned.
...that people is called laziness.

I don't know how I can change the world around me. Voices of reason tend to be shut down fairly quickly nowadays, but mark my words I will try! It pains me to see the moral decline of an entire people. It makes me want to cry at night knowing tomorrow I will have to wake to deal with another never ending parade of stupidity. People constantly talk about reform but they never seem to reform the real problem. We don't need reform, we don't need change, what we need is a mother flipping revolution. Wipe the board clean and start over at the beginning!

I may be one voice, but that doesn't make it any less significant or any less powerful and one way or another I will be heard.

Mark my words, I will be heard.


No comments:

Post a Comment