Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The one where I got married

On July 20, 2013 at around 5:30 pm I, Nadia, married the love of my ever exciting life. The man with whom I will continue to have my adventures with, Jonathan, who will from.here on out be known as the hubby, the hubs, the manchild, or simply the man.

It was glorious, stupendous, and didn't happen as we thought it would. See we originally had planned on being sealed at the Las Vegas LDS Temple, buuuuuuut because we are in fact human, AND the importance of entering the temple worthily is not lost upon us, we elected to have a civil ceremony. Fear not though! In year we will be sealed! There will be further posting on this subject, but for now we discuss the wedding itself.

Naturally it started out with hair and makeup being done. I am not the hair and makeup type of girl, but I figured it was a special day so why not? The wee one (my littlest sister) was not amused at having to have her hair all prettified but she, as a bridesmaid, had the obligation to do so. The other girls were ecstatic about it and the best part was seeing my mom get treated as well! When Melinda (link provided below) was starting my makeup I though she was going to be working on the front of my hair, imagine my surprise when suddenly she was touching my face! I almost told her to calm her hormones until I realized I was paying her to do that. (I told you guys I don't normally wear makeup) She did an amazing job and was so patient the whole time. Airbrush makeup is definitely the way to go! She even managed to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes that are naturally there! I felt as beautiful as everyone says I was and that is something that rarely happens.

Thankfully after getting beautimous we all got to enjoy a luncheon of delicious BBQ that the new inlaws cooked up....a couple weeks later and there is still a TON of it left over! It was so nice to relax and just eat. When I walked up, Jonathan's first response was to tell me I looked different. Apparently at first he didn't recognize me, but hey, he had never seen me in makeup before so I don't blame him :)

It was nice to have some time between the luncheon and photos to spend with my girls Jenny and Kami. Those sweethearts painted my nails and my toes. One did my fingers and one my toes at the same time! I felt fancy as heck by the treatment!! Jenny's husband took a photo of it and posted it on facebook....even had the nerve to call me Bridezilla! We were laughing pretty hard when I saw it. When we got to the church after we were the first ones there besides the photographer Reyanna (link provided below). We had told everyone to be there around 4 and it wasn't until after that they started arriving. I was in my dress and dying before Jonathan was even ready! Finally we got the photos squared away (even did first look photos) and it was time to get married!!!

President Dalley had President Leavitt say an opening prayer and my brother aaron was our music guy. The processional happened and the place was packed!!! President Dalley said many a lovely words and when talking to Jonathan he mentioned something about taming dragons. Immediately after he turned to me and began speaking....don't know what that means, but yeah lol he covered by saying I have to help Jonathan conquer said dragons.

Anyways we got married, signed our certificate and than partied!!! The rest is kind of a blur but Istill have cherished memories from it. Like my new niece Keeley following me around and feeding me candy all night, Jonathan telling me I looked beautiful as we danced our first dance, and my 11 year old cousin Tamara catching the bouquet. So many memories that I'll always have!

We headed off to Vegas for our honeymoon. Good times to be posted later.

Rey of Light Photography: http://www.reyoflightphotography.com  She is an amazing natural light photographer who takes what you want into consideration and just blows me away with each and every new photo she edits. The one posted is one of hers from that day! Check her out and let her know I sent you her way!

Hair'z by Melinda:  http://hairzmelinda.com She also did an amazing job on not just my hair and makeup, but my parties hair as well and she listened to what we wanted and helped us look at what we might need. When wedding plans and locations got changed she was so flexible and willing to work with me. Check her out! If you are in Las Vegas she will travel to you free of charge!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment