Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Twisted Little Family

So Katie, Zach, Robert, and I headed to California in my car (which didn't have air conditioning the entire time) on August 6, 2010 for a weekend of fun in the sun. We spent the whole way out there laughing and singing and just getting pumped for the vacation. We hit SoCal and suddenly were relieved that it was not 100 and some odd change degrees outside. In fact...we were COLD! Seriously it was probably only like 75 degrees but whoo nelly was I chilly. I felt so grown up though checking into the hotel (which I booked by myself) and I certainly was excited to be there with them all. That first day we walked around the mall near the hotel and looked and different shops. We were tired from traveling and had a long day at Disneyland the next day. That evening we were getting ready for bed and the guys were sitting trying to figure out what we were doing as far as sleeping arrangements. As it turns out Katie and Zach shared a bed and Robert and I shared the other. It was funny because Robert and I divied up the blankets and soon made our own seperate cocoons....I know...the couple doesn't share but the just friends did.
Disneyland was AMAZING! We got on the Matterhorn 3 times, Splash Mountain we got on 4, and we even got on the Finding Nemo ride as well as Space Mountain and a lot of other rides. We hit all the big ones and a few small ones. We had so much fun just running around and taking pictures and riding rides. Robert had never been and seriously his inner child was free and happy that whole day hahaha needless to say when we got to the hotel that night we all crashed and were so tired. We spent the whole day there and pretty much were hungover from Disneyland the rest of the weekend.
Sunday we went down to San Diego. We spent a few hours ot Capistrano Beach were Zach played in the water, we made a sand castle thing, we even made Robert into a mermaid! After we went to Old Town San Diego and I was extremely sad when the Whaley House costed money....we ended up not going in but the trip was eventful as Zach bought mad libs and we naturally made them as perverted as possible. I mean "Giraffes have smutty ears that are sensitve to the faintest lesbians" says it all. Monday we checked out of the hotel and headed towards Rose Hills cemetery to lay some flowers on my grandpa's grave. We were there and grandma pulls up all ready to yell at the strangers on her husbands grave when she realized it was me and my friends. She was so shocked, but happy. It was good seeing her and I was glad she got to meet Robert. We all at at the Sizzler and than headed home to Nevada.

This weekend made my year. I love our twisted little family and I know we are all going to have so many more adventures together. On thursday we are going to the Children's Discovery Museum in Vegas and watching Vampires Suck. Am I excited? HELLS YEAH!!! These guys ( and girl) are seriously so amazing. We really are a little family and we all enjoy each other's company. I am glad I have friends like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment