Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ode to Purrle...


Oh precious ball of black fluff and claws how you are missed! You went one day outside to play but never returned again. For six years we fed and housed you making wide berth around you when you were in one of your moods. You cat were more than just a cat...you were a way of life an independent creature unafraid to tease dogs or wander from home. Many small creatures fell prey to your superior hunting skills and the other cats in the home always learned a lesson from you when they dared to try and challenge your authority. You nuzzler of ears and cuddler of the night! How your sweet purrs would wake me from my slumber when somehow you managed to stay in my room unnoticed before bed. I can still feel your paws wrapped around my neeck as you tried to get in closer to my ear. How you enjoyed attacking my feet whenever they would move under the blankets! Getting to pet you was a privilege and for all intensive purposes you owned us, not the other way around. You were a proud and fierce cat with a surprising yet rare sweet side....generally when no one else was looking. Purrle I remember the day we got you. Your eyes were blue and you had the most pitiful littel cry ever. As you grew you endured many things like when Erica dressed you up as a jedi and surprisingly that doll robe fit you well! You traveled with us to Moapa and you settled in quite nicely there. I am sad that you are gone, but you are not forgotten! I love and miss you Purrle!
*We had Purrle from 2006-2009. I know I sound like a crazy cat lady but when you ahve had an animal that you have genuinely cared about it is a sad thing to lose them...especially when they just disappear and most likely was eaten by coyotes.*

No comments:

Post a Comment