Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The last stretch...of the beginning

So I talked to President Leavitt on Sunday about me going on a mission and we are meeting again next Sunday for my first interview and after that is time to start my papers!!! I am so excited about it and I could tell that he could definitely tell and my happy attitude was really infectious and was spreading because everyone I was talking to started smiling and everything. I am so excited and I can't believe that he is just as amped about it too! I got to see Chase and Colton on Sunday too and man was it exciting and just what I needed! I missed those two and it is so great to have Chase home and Colton visiting! Work sucked, but really I was too happy to even notice. I am using work to practice being nice to everyone and letting Christ's love shine through me. It really has improved my attitude about work and about life. I love my Savior and I am so happy to have this opportunity to serve Him!!!!!! I could be gone by my birthday...holy wow! I already know I have to get my wisdom teeth out and stuff, but at least I won't have a billion dentist visits just to find that out hahaha. I am worried about my finances though, but I know that Heavenly Father will help me out and provide opportunities to get those things settled.
President is going to help me talk to my family about it and I am going to do my best to make it easy. I know they won't approve, but I honestly hope that they can open their hearts to the idea of it. I have so much support from friends and so many others and I am lifted by that, but family is family and I will always love them. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent me to this family and I am so happy to be a member of it. Their love means so much to me and I am so happy when around them.

It will be crazy to be gone for a year and a half, and with everything that changes and is changing I don't know what to expect. I know things will be different and I know that I will change as well. I am going to learn so much and experience so many things and my mind is already blown by it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment