Saturday, May 22, 2010

SO CLOSE!!!

If you can imagine me dancing this is the song I am shaking my booty too...




"TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!!!!!"



That's right.....it has been a week and believe it or not my mind has not changed since last Sunday....in fact I have found some scripture this week that has let me know that I ...CAN do this!!!!!!!! AGH!!!! Interview with the Branch President? Pfft easy peasy lemon squeezy!
 
Those scripture verses were/ are
 
Alma 13:28-30
"But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love, and long suffering;"
"Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall recieve eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest."
"And may the Lord grant unto you repentance, that ye may not bring down his wrath upon you, that ye may not be bound by the chains of hell, that ye may not suffer the second death."
 
Alma 14:13
"And Alma said: Be it according to the will of the Lord. But behold, our work is not finished; therefore they burn us not."
 
Alma 15:16
"And it came to pass that Alma and Amulek' Amulek having forsaken all hsi gold, and silver, and his precious things, which were in the land of Ammonihah, for the word of God, he being rejected by those who were once his friends and also by his father and his kindred."
 
These have really spoken to me and taught me alot about what I need to do and what I need to work on. I always feel really connected to Alma and his life and teachings. My patriarchal blessing says something in it and I automatically always think of Alma. I also have learned a lot of Amulek's sacrifice in choosing to go with Alma to bring the word of God to the people. I take courage in what both those noble men did.

No comments:

Post a Comment