Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Making My Mark

My biggest fear in life is leaving this earth without making my mark upon it. I want to accomplish something, anything that changes this world for the better. I want to die knowing that somehow I created a better place for those I left behind. It is a big reason why I don't know what to do as far as school goes. I haven't figured out that something and I don't know what direction to take my studies. For now I am simply going to get my general education degree and than go from there once I figure it all out. Of course this sets me back as far as progressing towards a career that will get me out of fast food, but hell it is better than spending a ton of money in school and not putting any of what I learn to use.

Maybe with my working on my book(s) I will get lucky and get published....that would be the day right? My original life goal completed! Growing up I wanted to be a writer and have always felt passionately about it. I have WORLDS in my head. Different stories and characters that live and breathe and are a part of me, just waiting for me to bring them to life and share them with others. I was told though from an early age that writing would get me nowhere in life. Do you know how depressing that is? Well Screw off people I am still going to try and one day when you read my books and eagerly wait for the next one I will sit back smiling, knowing that deep down you never expected that from me.

I may from time to time post sections from different stories, or character profiles on here. I am not looking to beat out or replace any stories or books that have come previously before me, but to be able to reside on the same shelf with them. I suppose that is how I will make my mark on the world. Sharing my creativity and passion for these stories with all you lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment