Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Best Thing

It's been almost a year since we started dating and I can't express how much my life has changed and been bettered by him. We started out as friends and that friendship grew. I know I kind of threw myself at him shamelessly at times, and rather straightforwardly told him how I felt about him. I even asked him on a pseudo-date to Las Vegas without even telling him it was a date! That day was amazingly fun and I realized that I spent the entire time talking to him and sharing things. I opened up in a way I hadn't with any other guy. I fell in love with him that day.
We've grown together as time has gone on and we have defied the predictions others had of how long we would last. Our friendship is a great one and our relationship has been a high point in my life. He is the one constant in my life. The one thing (well person) I have come to rely on in my hectic and ever changing life. He really is probably the best I will ever get. Of course I will probably end up looking stupid if we end up breaking up, but for right now, at this very moment in the timeline of my life I can say with all my heart that I love him.
My favorite of us.
I know I am not the perfect girlfriend or the perfect person. Sometimes (most of the time) I can be a handful and I know my romantic tendencies and delusions often get ahead of me. I try though and I can only hope that he knows that.

Robert if you are reading this, I love you and I want you to be happy no matter what that might mean for me or for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment