Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh so confusing!!!

Ever feel like you are being pulled in a certain direction and than BOOM suddenly you are being pulled in another against your will? Well this week has been like that...
It started on Sunday with me getting a letter from Colton saying that he isn't going to call me on Mother's Day ...and than on Wednesday he changed his mind and said he was going to call me and than on thursday I got a letter from him which again stated that he was going to call around 2 in the afternoon.
Now I was excited yet a little upset that he was going to be breaking mission rules and calling me yet at the same time I was super excited that he would be calling. I ran into some problems with my friends and the added stress of that just really made me anxious about the call.
Well today I recieved an e-mail from Colton telling me that he recieved a letter I had sent on Monday that tells him that I think the rule is a good one and his Mission President is a smart man. I also had mentioned how proud I was that he wasn't going to call even though he had really wanted to. He says the letter was just what he needed in order to get back on track and to focus. It turns out he isn't going to call me, but I am still happy! He needed to be brought back into focus and I was there to help him. I am sad I don't get to talk to him, but he said he is sending me a tape on Monday and that is just as good!!!

I learned a lesson on how important an MG can be to a missionary. We are there to help them out when they need to..to uplift them and at times bring them back down to where they need to be. I am so glad I was able to both uplift and bring him down this week and I am glad that he respects me even more for it and still loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment